6 August 2019

Going it alone at the Naked Wines Summer Tasting Tour 2019

I've been with Naked Wines now for 7 years and one of my favourite things is going to their tasting events.
The fabulous Lindley
Hall where the London
Tasting was held

I attended my first in 2016 and have been pretty much every year since. You get to meet all the wine makers, chat to other Naked Wines Angels (the members) and, frankly best of all, there are normally over 100 wines to try.
One of my fellow
Archangels who
looked after me

This year, I decided to go on my own. Normally I go with my husband and some of my friends have come with me in the past. But, this year, Naked Wines had organised a meeting for all the Archangels beforehand and that, together with babysitting issues, meant I decided to go it alone.
The Tasting Tour
Brochure

Pretty nervous doesn't even begin to describe how I felt beforehand. I don't really do anything on my own these days. I would never go to the pub on my own or to the cinema. And, thanks to my small children and running my own business, I rarely even leave the house these days.

However, I needn't have worried as I was utterly looked after by the other Naked Wines Angels and Archangels. Everyone is so friendly and chatty, it really doesn't matter if you're on your own. 
If you order wine
on the tour, you get
the cost of your
ticket back. Win win.

I drank some delicious wines (I've written about my favourites on another blog post if you are interested), met some really interesting people and learned more about Naked Wines and their wine makers. I even managed to make a few notes in my Tour Programme (which I'm sure has never happened before).

I genuinely had a great time and it was quite liberating. 

Naked Wines have already released the dates for their Winter Tasting tour here. The Winter Tour tends to be slightly smaller than the summer one, but they still have over 100 wines to try, lots of wine makers from all over the globe and it's a really great day out.

You can read about my favourite wines from the Summer Tasting Tour here.

No comments:

Post a Comment